Thursday, August 9, 2012

the beautiful sovereign kindness of God

Hello blogworld!

I'm still here :-)  I've just been busy.

I had a fantastic time in Brisbane recently.  The school reunion was better than I thought, and I got to share with people the difference that Jesus makes in my life (this was one of my big hopes and reasons for going apart from catching up with people).

The sovereignty of God is a marvellous thing.  He looks after the entire world.  And more than that, he looks after the little details in our lives too.

I was so delighted that I was able to see my sister-in-Christ again, Gloria.  We met at Unichurch in Brisbane.  She had come from Indonesia to study here.  We read the Bible together, and it was at that time that God revealed to her that she was completely forgiven only by His grace.  It was a beautiful thing.

Since that time she has returned to Indonesia and I have moved to Sydney.  But out of his abundant kindness and power, God orchestrated for us to be able to meet together again.  I had booked to come to Brisbane for a school reunion.  A few weeks before that date Gloria told me she was coming to Brisbane.  I was excited but sad, as I thought I wouldn't be able to see her.  However, when I looked at the dates I saw that I was already going to be in Brisbane when she would be here!  Hooray!!

We shared a marvellous time together.  In the time we have been apart God has still been growing each of us.  We could see His hand guiding and leading us.  We could see our progress in the faith.  We shared how God is changing us and prayed that He would keep changing us to be more like Jesus.  Although neither of us have blood sisters, we are sisters in Christ.  Both us have been adopted by God our Father.  And in the overflow of His kindness, He brought us to see each other again.

Thanks heavenly Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment