Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Being a regular...a pathway to relationships and evangelism

Being a regular somewhere is fantastic.  It helps you to build relationships with people. It can be at the gym, a cafe, a park, church, a book club.  Whatever it is, being a regular is fantastic.

In our society we don't spend a lot of time with our physical next-door neighbours.  We're always out and about.  But we do still spend time with people.  We have workmates, baristas, check out chicks, fellow public transport takers.

It surprises me when Christians talk about not knowing many non-Christians, or don't have time to meet with them.  The reality is we have lots of opportunities.  The issue is whether we make the most of them.  Are we being intentional?  Are we taking a little bit extra time?  Are we going to the same place regularly, so that we get to know the people there?

If you're at a cafe why not take 10 minutes at the shop instead of 2?  If you're at the gym why not go to a class at the gym rather than work out individually?  If you play sport why not join a team?  Why not pray for opportunities to share the gospel as you make your way there?

I have been blessed in my time down in Sydney by being intentional.  In Brisbane my life had become so full of church people and events.  But now I have so many non-Christian friends outside of College, all because I was intentional.  By God's grace I get to share the gospel a lot.  And by God's grace I pray that they too will come to Jesus for forgiveness.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kirsty for sharing, you summed up beautifully what I've experienced in the past one year, the key is being intentional!!

    ReplyDelete