Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the mask

Do they see behind the mask?

So much darkness within
It rages to get out
I push it down but it rises again

What is true?
What is false?
What is sin?
What is accusation?
Give me light for the way

Anger welling up
Must keep it down.  Must keep it down
Tension building
Must keep it down.  Must keep it down
Must keep it inside
Must maintain the mask

The sad tense well in the guts
Make it go away.  Make it go away.
A bite of sweetness to ease the hole
Though I know it will make it worse
The disappointment
The shame
The hiding
Still it doesn't go away

Too hard to keep up the mask
So I retreat

One person saw through the mask though
He saw a crack in it
I let him in a little
And he didn't cause harm
Perhaps another day I lower the mask a little more

No comments:

Post a Comment